Facebook: asaka_02821@hotmail.com
Email: andychew89@gmail.com

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dream of Poverty

It was 5 minutes away from midnight, I am packing all my stuff ready to leave my work place and going back home. My colleague who drove a car offer me a drop my car before he left.

“Hey bro, let me send you to your car, it is kinda late now you know?” said my colleague.

“Nah, it’s alright, my car is just nearby and this is not my first time leaving the office late night. I often leave office this late.” I rejected his offer and was thinking, “not much difference will it be, since I often left the office around 10-11pm. 
While climbing up the pedestrian, there is a stadium on my right-hand side, I see thousands of people just like zombie running towards me and was blocked by a tall fencing. They show their hand through the fencing asking for food and helps.

On my left instead, I saw a roll of food stalls that are always close are now open cooking and making food for these poor people, they aren’t rich man, they aren’t powerful people, but they cook for people who need food. Merely in front of me, food like buns and so on was thrown to the hungry people across the pedestrian.

I was so scared and do not know what can I do, I have no food nor money with me, the only thing I am doing is holding tight on my working material and laptop to my chest so that it will not be grab by any of the people. I do feel so selfish and helpless at that time.

After passing the pedestrian, I barely see lights down the street but I do see a bright light that guide the poor people to the stadium, telling them that is the place where food is. People coming out from the gate batch by batch heading to the stadium for food and they have no other place they can go without the light.

Is this what happen every night after midnight, where all the poor people are only allow to come out after midnight? And why didn’t I know about this at all and no one ever talk about it?

Walking down the street slowly I met my colleague again and this time I decided to let him to drop me to the nearest street where I park my car (I wonder why didn’t I ask him to drop me to my car directly) after saying thank you and I start walking towards my car without any streetlight. While walking, I heard someone riding with motorcycle following me and I do not feel good about it. He step down from the motorcycle and chasing me trying to rob me. After a short run, he failed to continue and I realise he is one of the poor that had not enough energy to even move forward.

The whole story sound ridiculous and was unrealistic, because it is a dream.

You never know maybe somewhere of the world this is happening, where the poor are only allowed to come out during midnight and the middle & rich doesn’t even know their existence. You never know how many people falling into the poor category every day. You never know many people are trying hard to help the poor even they themselves are barely survive.

I really appreciate everyone that appear I my life and I do know god sent you to me for purpose. Thank you god for giving me this dream, to remind me on my purpose of life. Thank you everyone so much in giving me so much opportunities, thank you for trusting me and I will never forget my dream.


I will & I must be an entrepreneur, create jobs and help those who wanted to get help, fight poverty. 

No comments: